NBBL QR Code Payment and Merchant Acquisition
After the successful up gradation of NBBL SMART to version 5.0, Bank has Launched QR Code Payment and Merchant QR Code to add up Digital Payment Services of Bank. The QR code is an alternative to the traditional systems, a payment via QR Code scanning through Mobile.
NBBL Smart customer now can simply scan the QR code of Nepal Bangladesh Bank Merchant outlets or authorised Fonepay network merchant outlets and pay the bill amount directly from their accounts.
Payment process through QR Code
- Login to NBBL Smart Mobile Banking and slide right from your main page button and ‘scan to pay on Merchant outlets or scan code of other users’
- Scan the QR code of merchant (printed or digital).
- Enter the Bill amount click ‘Submit’.
- Once Customer Click on Submit, The Transaction Details appears in screen for confirmation of the payment from the customer
- Click ‘Confirm’ and enter 4 digits PIN to complete the transaction. You will get notification of payment status.
NBBL QR Code Merchant
NBBL QR Merchant is an agreement between two parties i.e. Bank and business houses for making/receiving payment through QR Code payment channel.
Merchant Registration Process
Self- Registration process
- For initiating online self-registration process, the merchant can either download the Fonepay application from play store/App store or visit the Fonepay website. Further, merchant is required to fill all the information displayed in the registration form. In addition, the merchant needs to attach the required documents.
- After completion of registration process by merchant bank shall verify the information and bank can contact the merchant directly to fulfil other documents required, if any.
- Banks can either approve or reject a merchant’s registration request with respect to required information and compliance.
Offline Registration process
- Complete documents along with KYM and agreement with merchant filled need to be submitted to bank.
- Bank shall verify the documents and register manually from the banks web portal for new merchant setup.
Documents required for Merchant Enrolment Process:
- Duly Filled KYM and Merchant Agreement Form
- Account opening and KYC documents verified from Branches
- PAN Certificate, Business Registration Certificate and Citizenship Copy